When something spills...
Act Quickly! Delaying may cause the spill to become a permanent stain.
- Immediately blot up as much of the liquid stain as possible using a soft, white, absorbent material like a towel or napkin. Blot liquids with a dry, white absorbent cloth or white paper towels.
- Gently scrape up semi-solids with a rounded spoon. Break up solids and vacuum Scrape away the solid or semi-solid stain using a blunt spatula or spoon.
- Never use a knife as its sharp edges could harm the pile fibers.
- Never scrub or brush a stain; scrubbing can harm the fibers and have the adverse reaction of making the stain set in to the carpet or rug.
- Vacuum away as much of the solid stain as possible.